Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting in the Halloween Spirit

We are finally ready for Halloween. I didn't have time to finish all the projects I planned to do, but there is always next year. I focused on inside this year and neglected the outside. We are actually going to a Halloween party at a friends house on Halloween so it doesn't really matter. Sorry trick or treaters your out of luck at our house!


Our cute fireplace decked out with the spooky banner that I made.


This is my newly updated kitchen for both moms to see since they have been begging for pictures. We got a cute bakers rack and chandelier (we haven't gotten light bulbs for it yet hence only two shades on it). It's was my moms idea to add the sconces to the far wall. I love it!


This is a closeup of the shelf. My mom gave me the cute skeleton, bat plate, and pumpkin. My mom is the master decorator! Thanks mom!



Here is a closeup of the centerpiece I made for our kitchen table. I made a real one in floral design last year and I wanted one this year that wouldn't die.


This is a view of our entryway.


This is a closeup of one of our entry way tables. I made the trick or treat boxes which ended up being a real pain. I can't say I love them, but they do the job. I also made this haunted house with Matt's mom. It's set up to be like a dollhouse which I love! I need to find just the right figurines to put into it.



This is my favorite part of the house. I bought this spooky tree at Tai pan and I love it! I made the ornaments to go on the tree, painted the cat pumpkin, and made the purple haunted house. I'll probably add more to the purple haunted house in future years, but I'm too busy with my MBA so I'm done for now.

2 comments:

leslie said...

So cute, you guys are amazing. Things are really coming along.
love
MOM

Jill said...

Your house looks adorable. I love your new chandelier. Kate saw the pictures and knew it was your house. Then she was so excited to see the doll house!