Thursday- We woke up and went to get smoothies at McDonalds for Breakfast. After we ate we drove down to San Diego to meet up with my parents. We arrived around lunch time so headed to eat at a beachy Mexican shop called Robertos. After that we went to check out the Paragliding port. For dessert we went and got some frozen ice cream near the beach. Later that evening we went to the hot tub and had fun catching up with everybody.
Friday- We slept in and waited until about noon for the sun to come out. Then we headed out to go Sea kayaking. Matt and I capsized into the waves a couple times, but had a ton of fun. We got to tour the La Jolla caves and see sea lions, some orange fish up close, and Dr. Seuss's house. We then came home and relaxed until we headed out to dinner to eat Thai food. It was our first Thai food experience and it was pretty good. It kind of tasted like Chinese food.
Saturday- On Saturday the girls decided to go to the Carlsbad outlet mall to check out the sales. After that we decided to check out the updated Mormon Battalion exhibit. It was pretty cool. It sort of reminded Matt and I of a Disney Land exhibit. After the Mormon Battalion we ate at Chevys and it was delicious.
Sunday- On Sunday we went to church. Then later that day we went to mission beach to fly kites. We got the pink Octopus really high. It took 30 minutes just to reel it in.
Monday- On Monday we woke up early to hike Torry pines. Then we ate a delicious meal at Mimi's. After that we shopped at Nordstrom rack and then walked along the board walk at sunset.
Tuesday- Tuesday was Matt's birthday where he turned 26. We celebrated at Cheesecake Factory. My dad also paid for him to ride a bull which was really funny to watch. We then went to Sea port village to check out the shops. Then we went to Fry's electronics.
Wednesday- On Wednesday we drove my parents to the airport then headed back up to Lake Arrowhead to spend more time with Matt's parents. We met up with them and Ryan David at Rancho Cucamunga. His parents took him to Claim Jumper for his birthday meal.Then we went to Tai pan and headed back to the cabin. Matt's mom and I had fun talking about crafts and looking at some craft books. I love having a craft buddy to hang out with. We have fun!
Thursday- On Thursday Matt's parents took us to Big Bear Lake. We went on tour of the lake on a boat tour. It was fun seeing all the houses and hearing the history of the lake. We even saw the voice of Bugs Bunnies house. It was really beautiful there. After we went to a sweet shop to get some dessert. We ate chocolate covered cheese cake. It was really good, but towards the end we started to feel sick since it was so rich. Definitely something to split with someone else.
Friday- On Friday we went shopping at the outlets in Arrowhead. Then Matt's mom and I had a craft day while Matt got some work time in. In the evening we played Scrabble and Ticket to Ride. Matt's mom dominated both games.
Saturday- On Saturday we drove down to check out Lake Gregory. It's such a cute little Lake that I can't wait to take our kids too because I know they will love it. Matt and I rode on Paddle Boats around the lake and enjoyed soaking up some sun. Matt was brave enough to swim across the Lake. I declined because honestly I'm not a fan of Lake water. The moss sort of ruins it for me.
Sunday- We headed back to Utah. We took a detour to go and drive through Zions National Park. Little did we know it would be a 3 hour detour. Oh well it was beautiful and we saw a lot of fun things to do in Utah. Matt and I decided to stop being bums on the weekends and to take some day trips around Utah to do some of the fun things like jet skiing, ATVing, river rafting, etc.
Coming back was a little depressing, but it was nice to clean and get back to life. We will miss both families. We love spending time with them! Today I watched Matt's friend from Hawaii's little girl Ansley. His wife died in a car accident a year ago and he need someone to watch her for the day while he was at work. She was a cutey and I had fun. She is also a very smart two year old. I was amazed! I start work tomorrow doing Accounting for my dad and then I'm excited to have time for crafting and learning new stuff like Adobe Photoshop and crocheting. Life is good!




.jpg)
3 comments:
Looks like such a fun trip. We wish we could have been there for Matt's B-day. And yes, take advantage of Utah's access to the great outdoors. 'Cause round here, y'all don't find that kind a thang.
Wow! What a fun trip!!! I love San Diego! It's nice that you guys got to be there for so long! And I love that you like food so much-- I always blog about what I eat and I'm so glad other people do too! :) Glad you guys had a good time. It's always hard coming back to real life after a fun vacation!
How fun! I am super jealous, Tyler and I could really go for a good vacation right about now! Also congrats on finishing your program! I won't be done until May or June : (
Post a Comment