Friday, July 25, 2008

A Word to the Wise

NEVER answer the door without looking to see who it is first! I had a really creepy experience. Yesterday was Pioneer Day so I spent the time off studying for my Business Law midterm and heard a pounding on the door. I am expecting a package so i assumed that it was UPS guy. I was in a tank top so i had to go grab a jacket to answer the door. I was in a hurry to get to the door so I didn't look to see who it was. I open the door and it was this really creepy homeless lady begging me for money. I felt sorry for her, but I didn't have any cash on me. She would not go away even when I told her I didn't have cash. I then remembered that we did have a pile of change that we've been meaning to take to the bank. I gave her some change to make her go away. My neighbors across the way (who were smart enough not the answer the door) gave me a call afterwards to make sure I was ok. What good neighbors! Nevertheless I've learned my lesson and will never answer the door without checking to see who it is again.

1 comment:

meemaw said...

oh man, i hate when i do that! that happened to me a couple of months ago. i always look, but for some reason, i didn't, and there were some punk teenagers trying to sell newspapers to earn money for college. i hate when they say that, because i never believe them. anyway, it took a long time before they would leave!