Thursday, July 17, 2008
Cake Decorating!!
So I promise we haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. We seriously haven't had anything interesting to blog about. Unless you consider taking a business law midterm interesting or me telling you how to sue someone for everything. But I will spare you all that agony. One thing that I've been up to is I started taking a cake decorating class at Michaels for fun. All I can say is that is tougher than it looks. My first attempt at even making the cake and frosting it before the class was a disaster. I made the cake fine, but making the frosting and trying to get the cake even was really hard. Matt was trying to help me with it and the cake crumbled and cracked. When I was frosting it, it looked terrible. Matt came into the kitchen and we both looked at the cake and burst out laughing. Thanks to a cake evener thingy I got as a wedding present I was able to straighten it out so as to not be totally embarassed taking the cake to class. Hopefully I will get better! Here is a picture of my first cake. I will keep ya posted on the rest.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it turned out great! Wanna make Blair's birthday cake for me?? What is the smoother thing you're talking about?
I would love to make Blairs Birthday cake! I will have to dedicate the next one to her since I can't exactly get it to her. The smoother thing is a plastic square that is for cake smoothing. I love when wedding gifts come in handy!
Post a Comment