Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Break

We had a wonderful time down in Colorado this year. With everyone living so far away it was great to see everyone in my family. We spent hours talking, laughing, eating, seeing movies, doing puzzles, playing games, shopping, and playing Rock band/Mario Kart. It was a pretty eventful trip so let me fill you in on the highlights.

1)We went to two factory tours. One of the Celestial Seasonings tea factory and the second of Hammond's Candy factory. My niece Kate was a lot of fun and it was fun to watch her explore. I was impressed about how smart she is! She knew our names this trip and loved playing with her aunts and uncles.
2)I turned 22 on Christmas Eve! We went out to my favorite Chinese restaurant and finished by driving around to see some Christmas lights.
3) We made our yearly trek to St Nicks. St. Nicks is the biggest Christmas store in Colorado and is filled with trees and trees of ornaments. It's tradition in my family to pick out one ornament every year. This year Matt and I picked out a star topper for our tree, a cake ornament, and a surfer Santa. My parents surprised us this year by giving us all the ornaments we picked out when we were younger. It's fun to look back at the ornaments I picked. Below is a picture.
4) Christmas! We got some really great presents from everyone. I got a really cute coach purse from my in laws. Matt and I got some books, video games, ski passes, and clothes. We also got an ipod touch and adobe software. For my birthday I got some cake books, a vintage cake stand, gorgeous jewelry, and some mac makeup. We can't beleive how spoiled we were this Christmas. Thanks everyone!






2 comments:

Bowdens said...

Merry Christmas! We can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!

leslie said...

We were spoiled to have you here. We love you.
love
MOM