Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Days

We've been up to a lot this summer, but I just haven't had much time for blogging. Since this is our journal I thought I would catch up on some of the fun things we've been doing. We've been having a lot of fun this summer having BBQ's and game parties with friends. We've been able to make some new friends in our ward and are starting to feel like we actually know people in our ward/neighborhood. When you are in the Primary you really don't get to meet too many people, but we love our cute little sunbeams and hearing the funny things they say so we don't mind. Matt has become the best griller I know. He makes the best steaks, salmon, and burgers that I have ever had so we've been loving our charcoal BBQ and eating some yummy food. We've also gone hiking a lot in American Fork Canyon. This time we discovered a whole new side that we didn't even know existed. It was a farther drive than normal, but it was beautiful. We did a hike called Cascade Springs. It was a very easy hike and very beautiful. Here are some pictures from our hike.




We've also been playing lawn games in our backyard and at the park. We've been playing Bocce ball which Matt actually introduced me to when we were dating. It is also the only game that I actually can beat Matt at. He always kicks my butt at bowling, mini-golf, and board games, but he can't beat me at Bocce Ball. We also got a Badmitton set at Target and walk over to the park near our house to play on their already set up Volleyball net. It's really fun and a great workout. One time when we were playing these 3 little girls came over and watched us. They told me that they wanted me to win and would cheer whenever I got a point. It was so cute! Aww I love how kids just always make you feel better about yourself. I love it when my Sunbeams always tell me I look pretty and they love my dress at church. Kids are just too cute!

Other than that we've just been swamped with homework and work. Guess what? I finish my MBA in 8 days! My body is fighting me the whole way and I came down with another cold. Seriously? This is not funny anymore and I used to never get sick. Ask my mom I used to have perfect attendance in school. I blame stress and lack of sleep. It's not that I'm not trying to sleep it's the constructions workers that are building a house right behind us feel the need to start building at 5 am every morning. So considerate of them huh? I think I'm going to have to go buy some ear plugs. We are going to California in a week so I WILL be better. Speaking of which I need some sun, I look pasty white. I just have to make it through 1 final, gathering 30 more surveys and doing a report, a presentation on my findings from the survey, and a final paper for my strategy class. I think I can.......

No comments: