The activity went great and we had an excellent turnout. We actually had the perfect amount of food.
Here is the cake I decorated. I used this tutorial. This was actually my second cake attempt. I had the worst cake disaster story! While I was decorating my cake the side of it just toppled over and fell onto the floor. Seriously I wanted to cry, but I woke up early the next day and decorated a new one. I also sewed all the fabric squares on the table.
The Relief Society wanted us to have a treat for the sisters to take home so we did a word play on the theme which was "Celebrate the Extraordinary".

I tied most of the napkin rolls. We even matched all the flower printouts to match the different fabrics on the table.
We wanted to spotlight all the extraordinary women in the Relief Society so we had a table where all the woman brought in their talents, careers, and hobbies. It was really fun to see all the cool stuff that people did in our ward.
Here is the stuff I displayed for the talent table.
I wish I was able to take more pictures because I missed a lot (especially other peoples cakes), but I was too busy setting stuff up and serving dinner. We served chicken cordon bleu, green beans, mashed potatoes, and dinner rolls. Then we served the cakes we decorated for dessert.
2 comments:
Fun! The fabric squares turned out really cute! And I love your cake!
sounds like a ton of work. great job!
Post a Comment