Tuesday we drove to Halekala Crater. The views were very pretty, but it was extremely windy. I have never felt wind that strong in my entire life. I was scared to stand too close to the edge since I thought it might just blow us off. Matt liked it and had fun jumping up and having the wind blow him backwards. I wasn't the biggest fan of the wind so I sought shelter in the observation decks. I was able to appreciate the views better without having that roaring wind in my face.
On Wednesday I think I decided to take the day off. I was exhausted and really needed to get caught up on Rio (my online teaching job). I also had time to finish my book so I found it to be a fun day. Matt went out by himself to go snorkeling again at Po'olenalena beach. He had a great time and saw another octopus and a lobster. He tried really hard to take a picture of the octopus and kept diving down to snap a picture of it. He stopped trying when he noticed blood on his mask. All the diving caused him to get a bloody nose. Later that night Matt had a massive headache and said it felt like his eyes were going to explode. Matt decided he would take a break from snorkeling for awhile. After looking through his pictures he never did get a good picture of the octopus. Bummer!
This is the picture of the lobster. It's on the left.
Thursday we decided to drive the Road to Hana again. There is so much to see that we didn't get to do the first time around. Matt really wanted to try a Thai place along the road so we did that while I ate my packed lunch. We also hiked the pools of ohe'o. It was about a mile hike to see a waterfall. There is also another trail that goes to the top so you can see a different angle on the waterfall. We both decided the other trail wasn't worth it. After the hike we decided to hit the black sand beach before it got too dark. The views were stunning especially the sea caves. We stayed a little too long because we had to drive back to our condo in the dark. The road is definitely not the safest road to drive on in the dark, but we made it.
On Friday I woke up incredibly sore. For some reason my calfs cramped up and I could barely walk. Matt was laughing at me because he told me I looked like a 80 year old woman hobbling around. My doctor later told me the cramps were because my diet didn't give me enough calcium and magnesium. I've been on vitamin supplements this past month to avoid that from happening again. Anyways despite me not being able to walk well we decided to go to the Aquarium. It's a pretty small Aquarium, but we had a blast walking around seeing all the fish. We also stayed for the Shark feeding which was fun to watch. Later that day we decided to go to see The Avengers movie. We were kind of in a rush to get there so we decided to grab some Wendys real quick. I thought I would be ok eating a basic chicken salad with no dressing. Well something didn't sit right because about 10 minutes into the movie I started to get the worst heart burn. Everytime I get heartburn it freaks me out because I feel like I'm having a heart attack with the burning, heart pressure, and heart palpitations. I left the theater for 20 minutes to drink some water, collect myself, and to take some Maalox. After that I was fine and was able to finish the movie.
Saturday was the day we had to check out. Matt woke up super early to go snorkeling again. He was glad he did since he was able to see some giant eels. After packing and leaving our condo we had some time to kill so we decided to check out the shops in Pa'ia. We had fun looking around, but everything was super expensive. $188 for a shirt um no thanks! There were also some scary people around so we decided to leave before we pushed our luck and got shot or robbed. After that we went to Costco to pick up some Macadamia nuts to bring to our friends. Then we just hung out and talked on the beach until we drove to the airport. The one thing I hate about traveling to Hawaii is that no matter what your return flight is a red eye flight. I had a hard time sleeping so when we got back Sunday morning I was exhausted.
This is a picture of the eel snapping it's teeth
I was pretty relieved to be back so I could finally go to the doctor and figure out what was wrong with me. I made an appointment in Hawaii so I was able to go a few days after we got back. They took forever getting my blood results back saying I did in fact have H. Pylori. Due to the wait I wasn't able to start antibotics until this week. The antibotics have helped a ton, but I still can't eat normal foods because I get heartburn. Hopefully I can by the end of this week because I'm really craving Costa Vida right about now!








1 comment:
Wow, these pictures are amazing! You could put some of these on canvas. I especially think those underwater ones are so cool. Looks like the most beautiful place.
Post a Comment