Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our Summer

August is here and I can't believe the summer is almost over! We've had a great summer, but I've mostly spent the majority of it overcoming h pylori. Ask anyone who has had it and they will tell you it is an awful bacteria to deal with. I can only describe it as having mono, the flu, acid reflux/indegestion, and anxiety all at the same time. The antibotics made me really sick, but this week the doctor told me I've beat h pylori! I'm not quite out of the woods yet because I had developed another bacterial infection called c diff. Not the phone call I wanted to receive! I think I caught it early so hopefully I'll be able to wipe this one out quickly because I've heard that it can be harder to get rid of than h pylori if it's bad. It definitely hasn't been fun, but I'm glad if this was going to happen that it came at this stage in my life when I'm not in school and when I work from home.

Matt has been awesome about helping me out with the cooking and the cleaning since I've been sick. Actually one of the highlights of my summer was cooking some yummy BBQ ribs for dinner together. I had been living on a veggie, fruit, fish, sugar-free, and soy diet for more than 2 months until my stomach ulcer healed so you can imagine how happy I was to eat real food again! We don't usually take pictures of the yummy food we make, but it was that good!


We also took a trip out to Denver to visit my parents. We just happened to come the same weekend as Will's 1st birthday party so it was really fun to be there for his big day. The decorations, games,  and food were all adorable and fun was had by all.











Summer wouldn't be summer without a little time with friends. In addition to having dinner parties and an outdoor movie night, Matt and I thought it would be fun to have a boys and a girls day out. Matt went to go see the new Bourne Identity movie and to eat at Tucanos with his friends. I went shopping with my friend Britney and ended the day by going to a natural water slide in Alpine with my best friend Stephanie. It was a really fun day for both of us.



Our friends down the street held a cooking birthday party at Harmons grocery store where we learned how to make homemade ravoli. It was fun learning more about cooking while in the company of our friends.




One of the things we've always wanted to do in Utah was go to a Demoltion Derby. It's so popular in Utah that you have to buy tickets 2 months in advance because they sell out so quickly. We thought it was a blast; we loved it!



 There was a car painted in BYU colors that everyone was rooting for


There were lots of roll overs and cars starting on fire which made it very entertaining to watch

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like you've had fun despite being so sick! Bummer! Hope you feel better soon.