Friday, April 24, 2009

Graduation

I am now officially a college graduate! I passed my classes in December, but now it's "official" after listening to 5 hours of assorted graduation-related ceremonies.

It was weird to come back to campus. I can't say that I've missed it.

The best part of graduation was having my family in town. I love seeing my parents and great sister Lauren. We're so excited that she'll be in Provo in just a few more months.

On Thursday, President Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson spoke. Both gave excellent talks, and excellent advice. It was impressive to see how many graduates there were...it was like a sea of blue caps and gowns. We all agreed that it was the best graduation we'd been to.

Next was the Marriott School commencement, where you do the traditional walk across the stage thing. Again, great speakers, but listening to around 1000 students' names get called was tedious to say the least. At least I made some friends while I was waiting.

I'm excited that my next step in education will be from the comfort of my own home as I study at the Distance Learning MBA program at Mississippi State.



No comments: