Monday, July 20, 2009
Media Malpractice
So lately I have been obsessed with watching and looking at the news online. Not only to find out what is going on in our country, but to see if the media phenomenon is still going on (which it is). What phenomenon you ask? Well I just came across this really interesting documentary called Media Malpractice: How Obama got elected and Pallin was targeted (www.howobamagotelected.com). It's about how the media effected the election. This post is not to Obama bash, but just to make people aware of how much the media has a huge impact on who gets elected. It's almost a little frightening how much the media is able to get away with. I would recommend everyone to watch it because it was really eye opening and even a little life changing. I remember finding it strange during the election that the media was so obsessed with Sarah Pallin and reporting how incompetent she was instead of focusing on the political issues like they should have. I remember even believing that Pallin was incompetent like they said, but after seeing this documentary I have a way different opinion of her. Most of the things that Pallin said were taken out of context or twisted to make her sound stupid.It was interesting to see what she really said and meant in this documentary. It's really sad that Pallin felt she had to resign as governor because she had so many lawsuits filed against her because she was demonized by the media. I just think that we need to hold the media accountable so that they need to check up on their facts and report things in an unbiased way. Without an unbiased media how are we supposed to gather information to have a fair election and uphold democracy? I'm just posting this to make people aware because maybe if more people are aware of the issue the media will have to be accountable for their actions. This documentary really impacted me and made me believe that I can't always trust the media and that I need to make sure I do my homework before I vote or form opinions about politicians.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Rachel! Love your blog (hope you remember me). I thought this post was interesting especially. Media absolutely does have a huge impact. Keep in mind though that this documentary you are talking about is media in and of itself. Hard to get away from people's biases over at the news station huh?
Oh no doubt it is biased everything is biased because of the way things are reported or shown. It just goes to show how important it is to try to put a filter on and look at things more objectively. It was just cool to me to see how my opinion changed of Sarah Pallin because in her private interview I got to see what she really said/meant instead of the news people take on what she said/meant.
Post a Comment