Monday, July 6, 2009

California Fun

Matt and I had a great time this last week traveling to beautiful California. We were able to see both sets of families so it worked out great! We use our blog as a journal so bare with me as I outline some of the fun things we did.

Friday- We decided to embark on the long journey to Lake arrowhead to spend some time in Matt's parents cabin. When we arrived we had a great dinner and spent the rest of the night catching up and watching movies.

Saturday- We decided to do some shopping around the village in Lake Arrowhead. They have some great deals and Matt is always able to find some great stuff there. We went to this great Mexican restaurant there and the food was delicious. We spent the evening playing some Scrabble and watching movies. We also went back later that night to get a sundae and walk around the lake.

Sunday-
We went to church with Matt's parents and then just relaxed around the house. Later that night we played one of Matt's favorite games called Ticket to Ride.

Monday-Monday was Matt's dads birthday so were were excited that we could spend the day with him. We got up early to make him some breakfast. That was the first time we had woken up before Matt's parents! After breakfast we drove down to Rancho Cucamonga to hang out around there. We went into Marshalls and then went to a home decorating store where I definitely spent too much! We then headed down to San Diego to meet up with my family. That night we saw Transformers 2. It wasn't bad, but definitely not as good as the first one.

Tuesday- We decided to take a walk along the boardwalk on Mission beach. We walked a long way and even made it to the pier. On the pier we saw some people fishing. We saw a person catch a sting ray and a lobster. Then we went to California Pizza Kitchen. We finished the day going to the best hot tub in the world in Del Mar.



Wednesday- We spent the day hanging around the house. I had to take a final so I spent most of the morning doing that. It worked out because Paul and Jill were arriving that day. We caught up with them then took a walk along the beach and flew some kites in the yard. I also finally got to meet my other niece Gwen. I hadn't seen her yet so it was fun getting to know her. She is so cute and smiley!





Thursday-My parents bought some passes at Costco that would allow us to visit Seaworld, the San Deigo Zoo, and the Wild Animal Park. So the first day we decided to visit Seaworld. I've always loved Seaworld and we had a great time. My favorite thing was going on the Atlantis ride. It's a lot like Splash mountain at Disneyland, but has two drops instead of just one. I also enjoyed seeing the dolphins and feeding the Sea lions. Those Sea lions sure know how to beg which sort of scared my niece Kate a little bit. We spent most of the day there then came back at night for the Shamu show. It was awesome and we enjoyed the show and the fireworks after. We also rode Atlantis one more time then headed home to do some hottubbing.








Friday- On Friday we decided to go to the San Diego Zoo. My favorite part was seeing the gorillas. We saw them right when they were feeding and the gorillas were raising there hand to signal to the zoo keepers to give them food. It was hilarious! I also really enjoyed the bus tour that takes you around the zoo. After the Zoo we took a nap then went to go play some tennis, swim, and went in the hot tub. We also got to go to Fry's Electronic store. I have to go there every time I'm in California because I love all the gadgets in there.




Saturday- We woke up in the morning to take the Tram around the Wild Animal Park. It reminded me a lot of our Disney World safari ride that we went on. It was pretty cool and fun seeing animals from the comfort of a Tram. This sure beats walking to all the different exhibits. After the Wild Animal Park we headed up to Lake Arrowhead so we could split up the drive it would have been 12 hours otherwise. Kirk, Leah, Janey, and Tyler were so sweet and drove up to see us. The boys had a pretty intense pool tournament while the girls chatted. We had a blast playing with the kids and meeting the the new babies Parker and Brooks. We also were able to enjoy a nice firework display over Lake arrowhead. So it was a great 4th of July!





Sunday- I had a sore throat on Saturday, but I didn't think anything of it till the next day. I woke up with a sore throat, fever, intense headache, nausea, and horrible achiness. Not a fun combination when you are about to take a 10 hour journey back to Utah. I felt really bad that I got sick at Matt's parents house with all the kids around so we slipped out before I could infect anyone I hope. I survived the journey, but it had to be the worst car ride I've ever had to take. Matt was worried because my fever got progressively worse through the day and reached 106 at certain times. I haven't been sick since my wedding so I guess it was about time. I'm feeling a little better and I'm lucky that I can still do school while I'm sick. I hope I can shake this over the next couple of days. Until then I'm telling people to stay far away from me!

1 comment:

Bowdens said...

I hope that you're feeling better! It was fun to see you guys in California! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip!