Friday, December 18, 2009

Trip to Arizona

Matt and I had the opportunity to fly down to Arizona last week to visit Matt's family. Airline tickets were almost triple to go during Christmas that we decided to save some airfare and go early.

We felt bad because it was a kind of hectic time for Matt's parents that week. We came right in the middle of Matt's parents move. They bought a gorgeous 5 bedroom house a couple miles down the road so it's been crazy for them moving everything over. They also help watch Matt's siblings kids a lot so it's been hard for them to get everything done. Luckily we got to help them move their furniture over to make it easier on them. I was impressed that in a day my mother in law had already put everything together and decorated her house! I need some of her energy.

On Saturday night we got invited to Kirkie's 6th birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. It was fun to watch the kids have fun and talk. My favorite part was watching Matt's brother Kirk get 65 baskets in a minute on the basketball machine to win the jackpot of tickets. It was cute to see how excited to kids were to have all those tickets to pick out prizes.

On Sunday we got to go to church with my Grandma and spend some time catching up with her. I love seeing her and just think she is the cutest classiest lady!

On Monday we decided to take a trip down to Tuscan to spend some more time with Matt's brother Kirk and Leah and to see their new house. We had a ton of fun. I just love their family and love spending time with them. We got to eat a lot of yummy Mexican food and got to see Kirkie in his Kindergarten play. I also played Candyland with Blair and Matt played basketball with Kirkie. Kirkie didn't want Matt to leave and kept telling him to "stay longer".

On Tuesday, Matt's dad took off work so he could spend the day with us. Our goal that day was to find both of us a Christmas present. This isn't an easy task mainly because Matt is tough to shop for. Matt is VERY frugal and definitely not a spontaneous shopper. He has to research something to make sure he really NEEDS it. Most of the time he just asks for money and it stays in the bank. I'm definitely the spender in the relationship. After wandering Costco for awhile we finally came up with something that we were both excited for. Yah! After we found the perfect gift, we went out to dinner and a movie, and then caught a flight back to Utah later that night.

For some reason I have been getting sick at the end of most of the vacations we've taken. I'm not quite sure why. So this week I've been taking it easy laying in bed watching TV with cold-like symptoms. Hopefully I'll get better so I can enjoy the rest of my holiday and maybe just maybe finish my quiet book so I can finally start other projects.

I know I've been lacking in the picture taking lately. Unfortunately I forgot to charge my camera before the trip so I wasn't able to snap any pictures. I stole these from Leah from Kirkie's birthday party. I don't know what it is, but I just haven't been on top of things like I used to. I think it's the burn-out factor. We also didn't get around to sending out Christmas cards this year. Sorry maybe next year!





2 comments:

Bowdens said...

We had a great time with you guys! I'm so behind on my posting...but I do have a pic of you and Matt with our kids in Tucson! That will be up tomorrow :)
Hope you feel better!

The Nobles said...

Racheechal! oh how I miss thee! Thanks to blogging though, I now feel like I know a little bit about what is going on. Its great to see that you two are still doing well and I hope to talk to you soon!

Loads of love,

SHAE