Visitors #1- My parents
We were lucky to have my parents come out for a couple of days. They were here to help Lauren get settled into her new apartment and it's fun having them here. Every time they leave I want them to stay. I keep trying to convince them to buy a house in our neighborhood, but I don't think they want to live in Utah.
My mom also helped me with some much needed decorating. She has a talent for it which I don't possess. She helped fix my entryway that had stumped me. Here is a picture of it now and I love it! I do want to find a taller lamp eventually.
She also brought me a dresser from my grandparents to work with. Thanks grandma and grandpa Smith! It will look great in our bedroom. We sanded it down one Saturday. Here is a picture of the beauty after the sanding. They don't build things like this anymore!
Next projects are painting the dresser and sewing some window valances in the kitchen and family room.
Visitors #2- My gorgeous sister in law Jill and her two girls Kate and Gwen
My brother Paul decided to go to the Kentucky Derby so my sister in law decided to come to Utah to visit us. We had a blast playing with my nieces and catching up. We also went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point. It was gorgeous and I loved it. I kind of wish I took some wedding photos there.
Other happenings:
On Monday I went out to lunch with a girl from my ward named Anna. It made my week that she invited me to go. We had a blast and it was fun having some girl time. It made me realize how much I miss having some girl friends. All my friends either live in different states or are on missions. Luckily I have my little sister here too and I'm going to be seriously depressed when she goes back to Colorado in the summer.
We also got invited by Matt's old roomate to see this movie. It wasn't as good as the first one, but we liked it.

Other than that I have loved the break from school! Being out of school has made me realize how much I love it when I can enjoy the simple pleasures of life. I love having time to sew, read books that aren't textbooks, and catch up on my laundry while watching chick flicks. It feels nice taking it easy and I'm enjoying every moment I can. Going back to school in June is going to be tough, but I will be done in August!
2 comments:
What a fun, busy week! I love it! You guys had your hands full! I am excited to see your dresser after it gets painted!
We loved seeing you guys--thank you again. Post pictures of your dresser when it's done!
Post a Comment