Friday, May 28, 2010

California Vacation

This past week we headed out of town to hang out in Lake Arrowhead California. Right when we got to Vegas I realized I forgot to grab my camera. I hate when I do that! So another picture-less post. Sorry guys, but at least I had to write about it since this blog is our journal.

Thursday- We left early Thursday to make the 10 hour trek to California. When we got there Matt's mom had cooked us a delicious meal and then we played ticket to ride. Our favorite board game.


Friday- Whenever we are in Arrowhead we love to go shopping at the outlets there. We found some great sales at Van Huesen, Bass, and Coach. Matt got a really nice suit, I got some cute flats and a black purse.

Saturday- Kirk, Leah, Kirkie, Blair, and Parker came into town. We love getting to see them. I wish they lived closer so we could hang out with them more often. Anyways we just spent the day catching up and went out to eat some pizza.

Here is a picture of them I stole off their blog.

Sunday- We woke up Sunday morning to snow! We got snowed in so we couldn't go to church. So we all just had a lazy day in the cabin. We took long naps and I played with my niece and nephews. Kirkie loved having me try to shoot him with the nerf gun and Blair liked having me play paper dolls with her. Kirk and Leah have some pretty adorable kids!

Monday- Monday morning I played ticked to ride with Kirkie. He is only 6 and he beat me! I was impressed. After we headed down to Rancho Cucamunga to eat at The Hat together. After we decided to take a trip to Knotts Berry Farm. I had never gone before and thought they had some fun rides. My one complaint was all the middle schoolers that were there. I think we saw it all: pregnant moms, dyed hair, piercings, and tattoos. Let me just say that Matt and I were thinking Utah looked a whole lot better for raising our kids after seeing those middle schoolers.

Tuesday- Matt and his dad needed to catch up on some work so I spent the day crafting with Matt's mom. We decided to make some felt food together. We made a felt cheese burger and a orange with orange wedges inside. I will post pictures of the fruits of our labor on my craft blog.

Wednesday- We packed up our bags and headed back to Utah. Matt had some conference calls that he had to take care off. We were both sad to leave. We did break up the drive a little bit and stopped at the outlets in Barstow to check out their selection. So the drive didn't seem to be that bad.

Overall it was a great trip and we had a great time. We will probably go back in August depending on my school work load.

No comments: