Saturday, November 10, 2012

October


We started the month off by taking a vacation to California. We started our trip in Del Mar where we enjoyed watching general conference, working, walking on the beach, playing tennis, hot tubing, and eating yummy food.




 

We only had the Del Mar house until Wednesday so we drove down to Loma Linda to stay with Matt's brother Kirk, his wife Leah, and their 4 adorable kids. On our way there we decided to take a pit stop at the LA fabric district. It was quite the experience walking in downtown LA. Matt got spit on by a bum and then pooped on by a pigeon shortly after. I know Matt didn't have a good time, but I found some awesome deals on fabric and am glad Matt was there to protect me. He gets the most patient husband award! I'm already sewing stuff with the fabric I got that I'm excited to share on my craft blog soon. On Thursday we met up with Matt's twin sister Jenna, Ryan David, and their 3 kids at Disneyland. It was so fun to have the whole family there and we had fun borrowing their kids to take on rides with us.







We ended our trip by driving to stay with Paul and Jill and their cute girls Kate and Gwen. They were so excited for Halloween and it was so much fun playing Halloween Bingo with them and tagging along with them to the pumpkin patch. Jill and I also took a trip to a cool fabric store near her house and she helped me pick out some fabric for some couch pillows for our sectional. I'm so excited to sew them one of these days. 









We were kinda lame for Halloween this year. I bought costumes for our ward Halloween party, but then I caught a terrible cold and couldn't make it so it looks like our costumes will be saved until next year. On Halloween night we got together with our friends who don't have kids yet and made caramel apples and then watched a scary movie together.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It was so fun having you guys! I'm excited to see how your pillows turn out. Pillows are so gratifying to sew because they are quick and easy! Have fun.