Monday, March 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

Matt and I had a very fun Christmas this year in Denver with the whole Tanner gang.

We started our trip by driving up to Winter Park to stay in a vacation rental 5 minutes away from the ski resort. The snow was amazing and it was fun showing Matt around one of my favorite ski resorts. I did the Eskimo Ski Club growing up so I have very fond memories of Winter Park. After skiing we had fun playing Rock band. It's always a family favorite.





We were each assigned a day/night activity to plan for the whole family to do. Matt and I decided to bring some wood cutouts from Wood Connection to paint. Jill taught us how to make her homemade pie, taught us how to cut an onion properly, and had us decorate gingerbread houses. Lauren taught us how she does her Photoshop magic. Grant and Kelsey had us go to St. Nicks to pick out our Christmas ornaments.




On my birthday we went bowling in the afternoon. I had some birthday luck because I finally beat Matt's bowling score for the first time in our marriage. Matt is really good and used to be on a bowling league as a kid so it really was luck. We then went out to Cheesecake factory for a birthday dinner and cheesecake. Yum! While we were waiting we took some photos with my moms cute paper cutouts.





We finished Christmas Eve night by acting out the nativity and then watching Arthur Christmas.



On Christmas morning we woke up early to watch the Kate, Gwen, and Will open presents. It's fun to see their excitement. They were the most excited about their makeup set and wanted to use me as a model. Mom and dad were very generous in their presents this year and had some awesome surprises. For stocking stuffers they gave each couple a remote control car which we had fun driving around. It was a great Christmas and we loved all the family time.




No comments: