I found these recipes in a food magazine and thought I would give them a whirl. Matt and I modified these a lot to make it better, but I have to say these are the best enchilada and salmon recipes I've ever had. It takes about 45 minutes to make the Enchiladas, but well worth it. The salmon only takes 10 minutes! So if you have time, try them out.
Pork Enchiladas
1) Put 1 lb pork roast into crock pot with 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce, 2 tablespoon Worshire sauce, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Also add salt and pepper to taste. Then add one cup of water. Let this cook until you can pull meat apart with a fork. Shred and put aside in a bowl.
2) Next add 2 tablespoons oil to a frying pan and add about 4 cloves of garlic. Then add 2.5 lbs of tomatillos along with 3/4 cup water in the pan. Cook about 7 minutes or until tomatillos are tender.
3) Add the mixture from the frying pan into a blender and blend well. After blended mix in 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Also add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Mix pork with 1 cup of thawed frozen corn and 1 cup of tomatillo mixture.
5) Heat 12 corn tortillas in a microwave for 30 sec to soften.
6) Then dip the tortillas in sauce and lay in 13 by 9 inch pan. On tortilla add 1/4 cup pork mixture and 1 tablespoon of cheese. Then roll the tortilla up like a borrito and flip upside down so seams are facing down. Cover with sauce and cheese. Repeat until whole pan is filled.
7) Bake at 450 for 10 minutes and you have amazing Enchiladas!
Here is a picture of my enchiladas.
Grilled Salmon with Avacado Topping
1) Mix 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon regular pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
2) Take salmon and coat it with mixture. Then cook it until done in a George Foreman Grill.
3) For topping just cut up half an avacado into tiny pieces and add about 2 tablespoons lime juice to the avacado.
4) Place salmon on plates and put topping on for really easy delicious salmon!
3 comments:
Is this what you had for lunch today? It looked really good. I'll have to try the recipie!!!
Hey Rachel! Tyler and I have loved looking at your blog its so cute! The recipe for enchiladas looks great I'll have to try that out!
looks like great recipes--your're quite the homemaker Rachel
love
Grammy Smith
Post a Comment