Wednesday, January 6, 2010

10 things to Work on in 2010

I don't know about you, but I love starting the new year. It's a fresh start and gives us new challenges and goals to acheive. I doesn't matter what we didn't do last year we all have a brand new start. Matt and I talked together and made a list of 10 things we want to acheive in 2010!

1.) Balance in our lifes. The past few months since we've both transfered to working/studying at home it's been hard to find balance between everything. We both find ourselves wasting time sometimes and find it harder to get things done. We both want to work on time management and creating a strict schedule that we will stick to so we can find time to fit everything into our busy lives.

2.) Templework. Matt and I didn't go to the temple as often as we would have liked this year. We made a goal to go at least once a month. We went December and January so hopefully we can keep that up all through 2010.

3.)This one is mostly for me because Matt is an early riser, but I want to work on going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. I think this would help me a lot with balancing my schoolwork and home resposibilities.

4.) This one is cliche, but Matt and I need to work on exercising. We went on hikes, played some tennis, and we go skiing, but we haven't exercised everyday. I'm thinking about getting some 30 minute exercise videos that can get me doing something everday.

5.) I want to explore more in the cooking realm. I feel like I'm always cooking the same recipes and it's getting old. I want to be better about preparing healthy and different menu's each week.

6.)We need to be better about scripture study and family prayer. We haven't totally slacked in this department, but it's something that can be improved upon. Sometimes we are really tired so it's not as meaningful as we would like it to be.

7.) We want to be better about serving others. We want to do at least 1 act of service per month.

8.) We want to be more patient. Sometimes we aren't the most patient people and this is something we want to improve on.

9.) We both want to spend less time wasting time on the internet. We both getting sucked in. I spend hours reading craft blogs and Matt spends time reading the news. I need to limit my time on the internet so I can get stuff done.

10.) Be more positive. This has been one of my goals for a long time. I was pretty good about it my freshman year in college and it made a huge difference. I wasn't as good about it this year and found myself complaining a lot more even though I'm really blessed. We want to be more positive because it makes life way better!

We have a lot to work on this year. What are some of your goals for 2010?

No comments: