Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Decision Made

I decided after many hours of thought/prayer that once I finish my MBA I'm going to go back to get a second Bachelors in Accounting at UVU. It will take me exactly two semesters or 24 credit hours. I'm so glad I'm doing it at UVU too instead of BYU it will be so much easier! So I will officially be done with everything in April of next year. I'm not doing it because I love being in school or love Accounting. Actually my reasons are quite the contrary. School has been rough on me and I'm not going to enjoy it, but I feel like it's something I should do.

Here are my reasons:

1.) My goal in life has always to be self-sufficient. Business majors got hit really hard in the last year and I still feel with an MBA I wouldn't be able to get a high paying job. I want to be in a position that I could make enough money to support my family if the circumstance arrived. You never know what life will throw you so might as well be prepared. Accounting also seems to be more recession proof.
2.) Matt's dad said that Accounting Professors are the most in demand. This would help my chances of getting more online classes to teach.
3.) If I don't do it now I will never do it. It's going to be tough motivating myself to do this, but I know if I don't do it now I never will.
4.) It really won't cost much at all. I like the peace of mind for the cost. Especially with the earning potential of $55-70 thousand a year.
5.) I'm still not quite ready to have kids yet. Too much babysitting when I was younger I guess. Oh and teaching 11 Sunbeams hasn't helped. J/k I love kids just not ready for the responsibility yet.

I'm not planning on going into Accounting or working in Accounting besides being a Accounting teacher. Well maybe... actually we'll see. But I feel good about having the degree just in case something happens to Matt and I will need to provide for the family. Also I would be able to help Matt with the taxes and learn how to save us some money. I also won't mind the prestige of having 3 degrees haha.

No comments: