This was the first year that we had space to get some holiday decorations which was fun for me. I was attempting to copy pottery barn magazine in my holiday decor. I saw some adorable sweater stockings on potterybarn.com, but they were $40 a piece which is way too expensive for my taste. So when I saw a knock-off stocking at Target for cheaper I had to grab them. I got 6 because we are planning on having 4 kids. I plan on getting them professionally embroidered with our names on it eventually. Good thing I got them early because they were sold out 2 weeks later. We got our tree on sale at Tai pan and we love how real it looks. We didn't get around to decorating it since we were gone a lot in December, but we have many years for that right? Maybe just maybe we will think about doing lights on the outside of the house next year. We'll see if we are up to it.

Our kitchen. The chandelier turned out funky with the flash!

A close-up of my shelf. My favorite is the sleigh I found at the Quilted Bear for $5. I filled it with pine cones that Matt and I gathered on a hike.

Every year it's been a family tradition to get a new ornament to add to the tree. Matt got a train to represent his obsession with his favorite board game ticket to ride. I got a sand castle to represent some of the fun trips we took this year to Florida and California.
Overall it's been a great Christmas season. We were spoiled rotten by both families! It's been a great year and we look forward to what lies ahead in 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment