Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fondant Cake Number 1

As you all know I have started the fondant class. Let me just say fondant is so much easier! The one down fall is that buying fondant is expensive and it usually tastes awful. So in order to save money Matt and I found a marshmallow fondant recipe on the internet. This fondant also tastes better and you can make different flavors even snicker flavored! It pretty much consists of mixing melted marshmallows and powdered sugar together like bread doe then adding whatever you want later to make it taste good. Matt loves making this fondant. He asks me everyday if I need more fondant so he can make some. I found an awesome husband is all I can say. I love how he helps me out with my class! I also love how smooth and pretty fondant is. It looks like fabric! Here are the pictures.


This is Matt mixing the fondant.



This is my cake. I thought it turned out pretty well.

1 comment:

Jill said...

That's beautiful! You'll have to post your marshmellow recipe. I'd love to try it some time.