Thursday, September 11, 2008

Office Space Syndrome

So the last couple of weeks I've been searching monster.com for jobs to start the job hunt. As I've been searching this site an overwhelming sense of dread came over me. None of these jobs are me and none of them sound enjoyable for the next 1-2 years! I'm like I know I want my MBA and I know I want to teach online classes and be a mom, but am I going to hate my job for the next 2 years until I accomplish this? I don't want to feel like the guy in office space! So I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I realized that I want to work somewhere where I'm passionate about something. I might even apply for a floral design shop, teach cake decorating classes, or work at Nordstrom even if I only make 20,000 a year. I might even start an Entrepreneur venture or something. I don't care at least I'll enjoy it! I'm sorry but crunching numbers, filing reports, or being a administrative assistant just sounds like misery. I've done those jobs for years and have not enjoyed them much. That's not to say I know what I'm doing, but I want to enjoy it! This is a really good book I read and I think everyone should read it. It's really good and inspiring about following your dreams and not getting caught in the drudgery of life.

2 comments:

Bowdens said...

Yes, definately do something you enjoy! Looks like you guys had a blast in Colorado. We can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

meemaw said...

I think any of those work options sound like fun! I'm still counting on you to help me with my MBA homework! ha ha