Friday, September 19, 2008

A little disappointed but still happy I guess....

So lately I've been brainstorming business ideas because I really want to start a home-based business. It seems like everytime I get an idea I scour the internet and it's been done. Is there anything that hasn't been invented or done now? So the other day Matt and I came up with an idea for a website that would help moms. It would have a calendar, to do lists, a menu planner which would generate a computerized grocery list, remember birthdays, etc. I know I would love the grocery list thing because it is such a pain for me! So I spent about 1 hour the night I came up with the idea and couldn't find it on the internet. I was like yes finally! So I was even looking into entering the BYU business plan competition and into buying a domain name because I thought it was a brilliant original idea. So the next day I spent more time on the internet and kept uncovering sites that had sort of my idea, but not executed well. Then today I found this site and my heart sank. It doesn't have everything, but the main grocery website is great and I probably will never be able to replicate it as well. So begrudingly I have to recommend this site. It took me hours to uncover, but it will save me a lot of time on my grocery lists and menus. I have tested it and it's great. So save time and join the band wagon. It's back to the drawing board for me. If you have any great ideas let me know.

Chefy-badge-350

2 comments:

Jill said...

That is a great idea!! Bummer that someone else already thought of it! Thanks for the tip.

Paul said...

I always thought I had to have a unique idea too, I'm learning that it's more about execution than anything else. Who says there can't be more than one site that does the same thing?? You can just add a spin on it and take some market share. Look at Ford vs. GM, or facebook vs. myspace.