Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sweet and Sour Chicken

So these days I've been really into experimenting with new recipes. I found this recipe for sweet and sour chicken and it's the best I've ever had. It only took 25 minutes to prepare and it's surprisingly pretty healthy (its more like stir-fry than the greasy stuff served in Chinese restaurants). Here is a picture of Matt with the chicken.

Sweet and Sour Chicken

ingrediants needed: 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup bottled sweet-and-sour sauce (I use kikoman sauce also I added a little more since it didn't seem like enough sauce), 12 ounces skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces), 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 4 teaspoons cooking oil, 1 medium red sweet pepper (cut into bite-size strips), 1 medium carrot (thinly sliced), 1 cup fresh pea pods (tips and stems removed), and Hot cooked rice.

1. First I start the rice in my rice cooker so that that is ready.

2. Then you drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice, set pineapple aside. In a small bowl stir together reserved pineapple juice and the sweet-and-sour sauce; set aside. In a medium bowl toss chicken with soy sauce; set aside.

3. In a large nonstick skillet heat 3 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper and carrot; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add pea pods. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until veggies are crisp. Remove from skillet set aside.

4. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Using a slotted spoon, add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add sweet and sour sauce mixture, vegetable mixture, and pineapple chunks; heat through. Serve chicken mixture with hot cooked rice.




I think Matt looks like he is in a food ad. If his career as a programmer doesn't pan out he could always go into male modeling. You know being ridiculously good looking pays off. I also was able to take some pictures of the souvenirs we got in Costa Rica.


These are some cheap pots we found that we thought would be good somewhere in our apartment.

These are our new wooden place mats and a cool salad bowl, tongs, and salsa bowls.

These are all the gorgeous necklaces we found on the beach. They are made from some rare stones like onix and moon stone.

No comments: